Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Miseducation of a Woman's Worth. by Clint Kearney

Last Wednesday I had the privilege to attend A Miseducation of a Woman's Worth at the Alumni Center. This event was hosted by the Delta Sigma Theta sorority and it was free to anyone. The feel of the event was a Jazz club with poetry with all the underlining meanings turning towards the purpose of a Woman's Worth. There was a band there to accompany any performer or poet that wanted or needed assistance. Tony Stixx who is a professional comedian and music artist was the main guest and he performed a couple high-energy songs with the band that got the crowd going. Each poet performed an astonishing piece that was both captivating and inspirational. I love music and performing and being a drummer, I was staring at the drummer for most for most of the show because he was killing!!! I was invited and attended this event with my great friend Kris Hardin and can say that it was one of the best events of Ball State that I have attended thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment