Thursday, November 10, 2011

Evil Dead the Musical

I went and saw Evil Dead the Musical. I left my dorm for a long walk to University Theatre from Johnson B. As I walk to the theatre, I thought about what I might see. I have not seen the movies but from what I have heard I think that it will be very funny musical. I walk into the theater to pick my seat. I choose the seat of in the middle half way back. I was told that if I sit too close I may get some blood on me. As I sit down I remember that every showing is completely booked and the theatre will become very crowded. As people file in, I view the layout of the stage. I see the stage in front of me. There is the interior of the cabin, and a sign that says “cabin ahead”. I lean back in my chair to listen to the tone of the music. It is creepy. I open my eyes up to see a person asking me if they can get by. I move out of the way and let them by. I sit back down and see that the entire theatre is filling up. The musical begins with some college kids on spring break going to the cabin. Then some creepy stuff starts happening. The scene becomes filled with creepy noises, a window breaking, and the basement door flies open scaring the audience. The main character jumps into the basement and finds a shotgun, a tape recorder, and a book. He plays the tape recorder. A creepy voice is heard and ultimately says that this book is the Book of the Dead and that the woods are haunted by demons. I won’t reveal anymore to you but the musical ended with a bang. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment