Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Want to be Drunk by 11 AM

Since when is it socially acceptable to get drunk on national television? I suppose in New York it's no big deal. Why not have a morning martini to calm your nerves before appearing on television?

Recently, I have picked up the hobby with a few friends of watching the Today show with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. It airs every weekday at 10 am, and lasts for an hour. The ladies report on social issues, new products, and fashion. They give advice and opinion.

When I first watched the show, I caught the end of it and noticed how much fun the ladies were having. When I went back and watched the show from the beginning, I observed how gradually relaxed Hoda and Kathie became as the show continued. With one closer look, I noticed the tall fruity drinks set to each lady’s side. Whoever organized the segments within the show, did so wisely. By the end of the hour, the ladies close the show and sober up with a cooking session.

My friend Elena and I are determined to do this one day. She said, “If I could report the news, get drunk, and look good while doing it, of course I would.” Who wouldn’t? Hoda and Kathie are probably the only two women in the world to wake up for their job and be fortunate enough to get a nice buzz and a decent paycheck. I have never been more jealous in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment