Monday, November 14, 2011

Class Observation: A Typical English Class

I showed up around five minutes earlier than I usually would, only because I knew it was my turn that day to do my class observation.  I got my computer out and opened up a section to take notes on anything that I noticed during the class period.  During the beginning I literally sat there silently and watched every person in the room and waited for something to happen, even though there were only about six kids in the room, and it was silent.  When I noticed Mrs. Evans walk into the room, I walked up and asked her a few questions that I had about my conference schedule before class. After I sat back down and class was getting started I actually forgot about my note page and just spaced out and started listening to the lesson.  Once I realized that it was still my day for class observation and I still hadn't written anything down, I frantically started writing anything that I noticed.  It ended up being a bunch of useless information that would never even include in my journal.  I started looking too hard for anything interesting to put in my journal, but the fact is, there's not that many interesting things that happen in an English class.  Before I knew it, Mrs. Evans was already almost done with her lecture on conference schedules, journals, and MLA formatting, and I all I had written down was a bunch of useless information written down.

1 comment: