Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rush


At the beginning of the school year I did not really know very many people at Ball State. It was not as easy as I thought to meet people so my dad gave me the idea to join a sorority because his really good friend was in a fraternity and he told my dad that it was a great way for him to meet people. I was very skeptical about joining a sorority because I have never gotten along with girls very well but I was at the point where I was willing to try anything. I turned in my paperwork and went through recruitment. The first day I visited 5 out of the 10 sororities and hated it. I did not feel like I fit in with any of them and I just knew that the sorority life was not for me. I called my mom that night very discouraged but she told me to stick it out because there were still 5 more sororities that I had not seen. The next day I decided to still stick it out and fell in love with three sororities. We then had to put our top ten in order and we would get called back to our top 6 if they wanted us. I ended up getting called back to all 6 of my favorites. At the end of the next day we had to put our top 2 down and if they wanted us they would call us back. I once again got called back to my top two which does not happen very often. We got to spend an hour with each of the sororities and at the end of the day we needed to know our number one choice. I never thought that I would get so emotionally connected with both of the sororities. I had to make a very hard decision of which one I wanted to be in. The next day was bid day and we saw which sorority we were in. We received a card in an envelope that said the one we were in. I received Delta Zeta which was my number one choice. We got to run over to our sorority and they all hugged us with joy it was the best day of college that I had experienced and I knew that I was never going to eat lunch alone again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment