Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Really Good Day

Last week I went to a debate meet at Anderson University and had a blast. The morning started rough mostly, because it was at six thirty in the morning and I was really tired. At the beginning of the day I felt very unprepared, but later in the day things turned around for me. As the day went on I felt more and more confident about how well we were doing and the research we had done. I also felt more awake after the people running the tournament handed out a free breakfast of Panera bread, coffee, and tea, it was all really good. In a normal debate tournament there are four debate rounds and then a final round, which is exactly how this tournament was ran. After our rounds we found out that me and my partner didn’t make it to the finals, but we came in third and I got fourth place speaker. After the final round we left in the same three cars the whole team came in. After we got back I went back to my dorm and hung out with my friends. I was pretty tired but, I still wanted to stay up and hang out with my friends and I felt really good with how well I did at the tournament. All in all it was actually a really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment