Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Best Time of the Year

Who doesn’t love Christmas time?! The sprit of giving rather than receiving is one lesson that most of us learned while growing up. When I was younger I believed in Santa Clause with all my little heart….and still do. Santa and the Easter bunny will always be some of my childhood favorite characters. Of course growing up Christmas was the best time of the year only because of the presents and great food of course! But over the years I have learned that it is much more than that.

My family has always been small growing up. Since I am half Japanese most of my family still lives over seas and due to communication barriers we don’t really know each other. However the family that I do have is very small there are only about 9 of us now that gather for the holidays and that is okay with me, more presents for me! On a more serious note I have learned the hard way to never take anything or anyone for granted because you never know when they are going to be taken from you.

Over the past couple years it seems like someone in my family seems to make a trip to heaven a little earlier than expected. I have watched more than one go and as heartbreaking as it is I have learned to gain peace by it. It is how life works sometimes and although it may not make any sense right now, I believe that one day I will see them again.

This has made me realize to love the family and friends that I have now. Christmas is now the best time of the year because it is when we can all go home to love ones and spend valuable time with people that you may never get back. This is why Christmas is one of my most favorite holidays because of family and that is all that should matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment