Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Fragments"

A good friend of mine had invited me to his recital Icons In Motion. Unfortunately I had to leave at intermission and miss half the show. Thankfully I did get to see my friend perform. One dance I found rather interesting was titled "Fragments". It was a dance like I had never seen before. Almost disturbing. The program explains it as the dancer is portraying psychosis. The lighting was all black with a single spot light. She would come out of the shadows into he spot light and twitch while dancing in a staggered motion. Each move she made was choppy and precise at the same time. Imagine a haunted house. The strobe lights are on and you see people walking, moving toward you in a choppy motion. This was how she was dancing, although no strobe lights were involved. I found it rather interesting and the most memorable part of the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment