Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 in Envision is most certainly my favorite chapter to date. This is due to the references of films that are used to talk about organizing and writing research arguments. The first movie mentioned is the science fiction film called Serenity. Storyboards from the film are used as an example to show how the structure and organization of the film are processed, and how this is similar to how many papers are structured. This is very interesting to me because that’s how I’ve always visualized the structure of a paper since I first started writing. The structure of a film has always been interesting to me.

If I could pick one job to have id have to pick screenplay writer, I love the structure of a plot and I enjoy thinking of my own story ideas. When I write essays I try to structure them in a way that is somewhat like a film. I also love movie trailers, which I mentioned in a previous post. I was very pleased when the chapter used movie trailers as an example for a good outline structure. Using the trailer for James Cameron’s 2009 film Avatar was also a nice example for the trailers. While I’m not usually one for outlines on an essay I did like how the chapter connected the dots between the trailer and the outline, showing that you should make more points than the three standard intro, body, and conclusion. This chapter actually felt like it was written for me. This is usually how I set up my structure for my essays, which made reading this chapter very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment