Thursday, December 8, 2011

Circus in Winter

Circus in Winter is a play inspired by the novel of Hoosier author Cathy Day. I went to see this play for my theater class along with my own interest of play. This play takes place in Lima Indiana with the people of the Greater Porter Circus. The production of Circus in Winter featured a large elephant puppet that was operated by multiple people. I have been to many plays in my high school and a few local theaters and this elephant puppet was the most real life and visually stunning prop or piece of theater equipment I have ever seen. Also, the musical aspect of the production was very well performed. I really enjoyed this play and even thought I was interested in it I probably wouldn’t have gone if I didn’t have to for my theater class.

No comments:

Post a Comment