Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Glass Castle

Glass Castle

The Glass Castle, when I first picked it up I wasn't expecting much seeing as all the other assigned readings I had encountered in Grade School, Junior High, and High School had failed to peak my interest. When I had visited for the Freshman Orientation we were told that the book had been recommended by a student last year and approved by a board of some sorts. This fact gave me a little hope in the matter.

The book on the outside looked dull and uneventful but I soon learned that the words ere the color, not the cover. It was one of those things like horror movies that you don't want to watch but you just can't look away. I was soon pulled into the childhood of Mrs.Walls. All of the stories were fascinating and made me think about things that I hadn't before.

The way the book was written made it easy to read the was possibly because the book was written from the mind of a little kid. I was amazed that she could remember all the experiences she had gone though as a little girl and put them into order.

The book it's self appealed to more than just me, I soon found my mom reading it too. SHe had the same opinion as I did, the book was wonderful! The Glass Castle turned out to be one of the best books I had read in a long time. Good choice book picking board good choice indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment