Monday, September 26, 2011

Jeanette Walls

I went to the Jeanette Walls presentation last week and was not sure what to expect when I arrived. There where people everywhere of all ages. When Walls came out there was a loud roar of cheering. She was a very slim beautiful person with a smile from ear to ear. To a person who had not read her book would probably have never guessed she had faced so many obstacles throughout her life. As she began to speak I realized that no matter what she was discussing she found some way to put a positive spin on it. She was definitely not ashamed of her parents or how she grew up. At one point she had everyone in the room laughing because what she said was so funny. I was so surprised that she had such a positive out look on everything even though she had such a rough life. If that was me there is no way I could laugh about burning myself when I was three because i had to make hot dogs for myself or laugh because my bed was a cardboard box at one point. Her speaking really made me realize that I need to look at life in a more positive view and make the best out of every situation that occurs because everything happens for a specific reason its just your choice what you make out of it. The audience then got a chance to ask her questions. Some questions were very deep and I was just so amazed at how well she answered them and at how well she composed herself. She was willing to answer any question to her best ability that was thrown her way. I was very impressed with the presentation and left it gaining several life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment