Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Class Log-September the Eighth

Taylor Gardner

Tess Evans

ENG 103

8 September 2011


Maybe there is something to be said for the anal students that leave twenty minutes early and set there watches five minutes ahead, they actually get to where they are going on time. I walked into class a little more than a few minutes late. I don’t really have a diehard policy for lateness, maybe if I did, I would be on time, but I find, either way, I get to where I am going and I get there just fine. That being said, when I got to our fabulous little English class, everyone was in there seats, and one seat was left open for little ol’ me.

Being the creatures of habit that we humans are, my first instinct was to sit in my usual seat due to the fact that every other student was in his or her usual seat, however, mine was occupied and I was forced to sit in an unfamiliar seat, seeing the world from an unfamiliar angle, working with, much to my dismay, unfamiliar people.

The class spent the majority of the period reading an article call “Is Google Making Us Stupid?” published to the Atlantic in July of 2008. The article, ironically, discussed how the Internet is decreasing the minds capacity and ability to process written materials, it took most of the class the period to read the article. After, finishing the article we split into groups with the people around us and got to work tearing apart Nicholas Carr and his ethos, logos and pathos. Poor guy, getting critiqued by college students, he doesn’t even know. The assignment is to be finished and presented to the class Tuesday, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment